I was just notified 5 days ago that I've got the confirmation of my appointment, marking the completion of my PDP (Personal Development Plan) in the university. I'm happy. I think. Usually, a new lecturer takes 5 years to get a confirmation. I guess I'm happy to have done it in 2 years 9 months. It just means that when the framework agreement comes online in August, I will be a Senior Lecturer which is nice. It also means that I would like to move into quality publications now, instead of looking at quantity.
I currently have 2 PhD students, with 3 more possibly coming in October. That means we will be working on 5 service projects together, with a couple more of my own. There will be more collaborative work now, instead of solo papers. Finding good research students is constantly a challenge. It's the deliberation over research topic, getting to know each other, meeting of minds and finding something that would interest both. The next few months I'll be moving in a different research direction in terms of style (not substance). This would be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment