Sunday, January 07, 2007

A lighter load

Yesterday, I finally sent out the manuscript of my book - a project that started when I signed the contract in Feb 2004.

I took the book before I finished my PhD so for 9 years, I always had 'something' hanging around the back of my head. Until 2004, it was my PhD. After that it was the book so wherever I went, I had my notes, or something and when I was at airports, coffee places, anywhere, I was always thinking, penning something down, writing etc. I never had weekends or holidays without my work and I never stopped thinking.

Yesterday, it finally stopped. 9 years later, I have no more 'stuff' in my brain. I was walking down the corridor and I suddenly realised that I was free and I started laughing (serene says it's freaky).

My husband is seriously worried - he says 'you always need something' - like a bone to gnaw on. Serene is nagging me to start playing PS2 games again - ah well, I think I can live with a lighter load for awhile.....

No comments: